J. Matt Lea
J. Matt Lea serves as the Public Information Officer (PIO) for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office. He is the central information and communications coordinator and spokesperson for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.
Mr. Lea's background includes a notable career in public and government relations positions within the local, state, and federal government as well as the field of corporate communications. His previous positions include:
- Communications and Human Resource Development Manager for Schnellecke Logistics, USA
- Special Assistant to the Mayor and Municipal Lobbyist for the City of Chattanooga
- Field Representative for former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
- Legislative Aide to former Tennessee Senate Minority Leader, David Fowler
- Former volunteer firefighter and EMT for the Soddy Daisy Fire Department
- Mayors Representative on the Chattanooga Mayor’s Council on Disability
Mr. Lea holds a degree in Political Science and Public Administration from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He is published in several magazines and ornithological journals including Chattanooga Parent Magazine, Bird Talk Magazine, the Tennessee Gardening Journal, and www.birdchannel.com.
He has been married to his wife Sharon for 10 years and they have one daughter, Madison. They currently reside in Soddy-Daisy with their (3) parrots. Mr. Lea is an avid sports-shooter and enjoys spending time with his family, working in his church, traveling, woodworking, and bird watching. He serves on several boards and community groups including the Board of Directors of Signal Centers, Inc., and the Son’s of the American Revolution.
Media InquiriesPublic Information Officer