Alcohol Compliance Checks
We are fast approaching the end of another school year and graduating seniors will be attending parties and school proms.
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office does not want to see this special evening turn into a tragedy because of alcohol or other illicit substances.
Over the past several days the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Narcotic and Special Operations Division, in conjunction with Tennessee Alcohol Beverage Commission, conducted alcohol sales law compliance checks at thirty six businesses who are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. Working with plainclothes officers several underage (buyers) entered these businesses and attempted to illegally purchase alcoholic beverages. Thirty businesses refused to sell to the underage buyers with six businesses who did sale alcoholic beverages to the underage buyers.
Current research shows that effective compliance checks helps decrease alcohol sales to minors; helps reduce underage drinking which in turn reduces alcohol related traffic crashes, violence, and other health problems associated with alcohol.
Businesses who received citations for selling to under age buyers:
1. KANGAROO EXPRESS #3498 8229 MAHAN GAP RD. (Julia Satherlie)
2. PARK GROCERY 8400 HARRISON BAY RD. (Rameshamdr Patel)
3. HWY 58 MART 8909 HIGHWAY, HWY 58 (Hemlata Patel)
4. SPUR MARKET 6802 MIDDLE VALLEY RD (Jayantilal Patel)
5. FRIEND'S 7714 HIXSON PIKE (Garry Harding)
6. COUCH'S 12839 DAYTON PIKE (Brandie Golden)