HCSO Releases Update on CPD Officer Involved Shooting
On June 19, 2018, Joel Harris, age 50, was released from a local hospital after receiving treatment for injuries sustained during a police officer involved shooting which occurred on June 16, 2018 at 404 Tunnel Blvd., Chattanooga, TN. Upon release, Harris was immediately taken into custody by Hamilton County Sheriff’s Deputies and transported to the Hamilton County Jail. He has been booked on the following charges stemming from his actions on the evening of June 16, 2018.
• Unlawful Possession of a weapon
• Theft under $500.00
• Resisting a Stop, Halt, Frisk, Search and/or Arrest
• One count of aggravated assault on a police officer
• One count of Attempted 1st Degree Murder
• Felony Reckless Endangerment
This is an ongoing investigation and no further information will be provided at this time.